A report surfaced on Friday (April 2) that Diablo decided to “quit” the project because Madonna was allegedly too difficult to work with. Now, a studio source says that the report is exaggerating the circumstances.
A source at Universal Pictures confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that Diablo “completed her work and moved on to her next project.”
The source explained that Diablo and Madonna “recently delivered a completed draft of the film to the studio, which is looking at developing the current version ahead of production.” Films often go through re-writes and it’s unclear what will happen with this project.
Madonna will be directing the movie and she previously said that the film will follow her “struggle as an artist trying to survive in a man’s world as a woman, and really just the journey.”