With the NFL season over, AP has announced their All-Pro teams.
The 2020 NFL season has come to a close in historic fashion. With the world nearly at a standstill due to the status of COVID-19, many wondered if the season would be able to commence.
Through progress and testing, all 17 weeks of the NFL season were completed, leading to 14 teams now fighting for a chance to call themselves champions. However, the gridiron can be won by a team or by a player on any given Sunday.
The Associated Press has made their decision on which superstars matter most.
The AP poll announced their selections for the 2020 All-Pro teams on Friday. Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald and Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce both were unanimous selections by all voters.
Donald and Kelce lead the pack in stellar season
This will be Donald’s sixth time on the list following his role in helping the Rams finish with the top-ranked defense in the league. The 29-year-old finished with 45 total tackles, 13.5 sacks and 27.5 quarterback hits for the 10-6 club.
Kelce became the first tight end in league history to finish with five 1,000-yard seasons in his career. He also became the first tight end to finish with back-to-back seasons of 100-plus receptions. As the year came to a close, Kelce broke George Kittle’s single-season receiving yard record for a tight end with 1,416.
Aaron Rodgers, who guided the Green Bay Packers to the top seed in the NFC, earned the starting nod a quarterback, as did his go-to target Devante Adams for wide receivers after leading the NFL in receiving touchdowns with 18.
Following his record-setting 2,000-yard season, running back Derrick Henry makes the team for the first time. Stefon Diggs, who led the NFL in catches and receiving yards, also was named to the first team.
Eighteen players represent the AFC, while 11 come from the NFC. Listed below are the names of all honorees for the 2020 season.
First Team Offense:
- Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay PackersRunning Back: Derrick Henry, Tennessee TitansTight End: Travis Kelce Kansas City ChiefsWide Receiver: Davante Adams, Green Bay PackersWide Receiver: Stefon Diggs, Buffalo BillsWide Receiver: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City ChiefsLeft Tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay PackersRight Tackle: Jack Conklin, Cleveland BrownsLeft Guard: Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis ColtsRight Guard: Brandon Scherff, Washington Football TeamsCenter: Corey Linsley, Green Bay Packers
First Team Defense:
- Edge: T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh SteelersEdge: Myles Garrett, Cleveland BrownsDefensive Line: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles RamsDefensive Line: DeForest Buckner, Indianapolis ColtsLinebacker: Fred Warner, San Francisco 49ersLinebacker: Bobby Wagner, Seattle SeahawksLinebacker: Darius Leonard, Indianapolis ColtsCornerback: Xavien Howard, Miami DolphinsCornerback: Jalen Ramsey, Los Angeles RamsSafety: Tyran Mathieu, Kansas City ChiefsSafety: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Steelers/Budda Baker, Arizona Cardinals (tie)
First Team Special Teams:
- Place Kicker: Jason Sanders, Miami DolphinsPunter: Jake Bailey, New England PatriotsKick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, Chicago BearsPunt Returner: Gunner Olszewski, New England PatriotsSpecial Teams: George Odum, Indianapolis ColtsLong Snapper: Morgan Cox, Baltimore Ravens
Second Team Offense:
- Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs and Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (tie)Running Back: Alvin Kamara, New Orleans SaintsTight End: VacantWide Receiver: DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona CardinalsWide Receiver: Justin Jefferson, Minnesota VikingsWide Receiver: Calvin Ridley, Atlanta Falcons, DK Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks and Cole Beasley, Buffalo Bills (tie)Left Tackle: Garrett Boles, Denver BroncosRight Tackle: Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans SaintsLeft Guard: Joel Bitonio, Cleveland BrownsRight Guard: Wyatt Teller, Cleveland BrownsCenter: Ryan Kelly, Indianapolis Colts and Frank Ragnow, Detroit Lions
Second Team Defense:
- Edge: Khalil Mack, Chicago BearsEdge: Za’Darius Smith, Green Bay PackersDefensive Line: Chris Jones, Kansas City ChiefsDefensive Line: Cam Heyward, Pittsburgh SteelersLinebacker: Devin White, Tampa Bay BuccaneersLinebacker: Demario Davis, New Orleans SaintsLinebacker: Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Roquan Smith, Chicago Bears (tie)Cornerback: Jaire Alexander, Green Bay PackersCornerback: Tre’Davious White, Buffalo BillsSafety: Jamal Adams, Seattle SeahawksSafety: Jessie Bates III, Cincinnati Bengals
Second Team Special Teams:
- Placekicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore RavensPunter: Jack Fox, Detroit LionsKick Returner: Andre Roberts, Buffalo BillsPunt Returner: Jakeem Grant, Miami DolphinsSpecial Teams: Matthew Slater, New England PatriotsLong Snapper: Luke Rhodes, Indianapolis Colts